Sunday, March 17, 2013

When he wants a Fireman Themed birthday party...

So my son is turning four and has requested a fireman themed birthday party. I love how when I looked for ideas I got suggestions like, "just ask the local station to come by your house with the truck", or "you can host a party at the fire station." I mean, maybe in a small town, but even then I am not sure how you could pull it off... firefighters are emergency responders after all! After a lot of calling, emailing, and a trip to a station nearby, I was able to secure a tour through the station since that is actually a service that is offered. Of course, then I couldn't do all my decorating, and that is just not something I can give up twice in one rounds of birthdays! So we asked all the guests to come back to our house for cake and and I was able to show off my creative side!

What I had the most fun with were the snacks! I made some fun tags through www.mystorieshaveahome.com and stuck them in the treats! Here are some of the ideas I found to be the most fun!We had firetruck wheels (oreos), frremen hoses (red vines), dalmatian spots (hershey drops), and petrified flames (cheetos). I added in some red hots and hot tamales for fun... I really should have made a "caution: hot!" sign to go along with them!



I always include a story book for my children that covers the last year of their life! My goal is to have it out for the party for guests to look through. I enjoy showing off my work and I think everyone likes to see how much the kids have changed over the year. I created a fireman themed book through www.mystorieshaveahome.com also. I took my son down to a firefighters museum and got some great shots of him dressed up and in a fire truck. Those pictures made for some fun pages in the book as well as a perfect shot for the invitation.
Check it out! You can actually look through my book!
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBrowserStandAlone.cfm?projectId=2568426&productId=5&projectSponsor=435447

And here is how the invitation turned out!

And finally, I made some fun tags for the water bottles and favor tags for some lollipops through www.mystorieshaveahome.com as well that were a hit!






I even made my son a cake this year myself! That does not happen too often but I am turning out to be not so terrible at getting it all together! I love that I was able to pull it all off!



Can't wait for next year and what theme he'll come up with!







No comments:

Post a Comment