Monday, February 4, 2013

Boy or Girl? Celebrate in Dr. Seuss style!

When my best friend found out she was pregnant I was insanely happy for her! Of course I right away claimed the spot to throw her baby shower. It's when I found out she didn't want to find out the sex of the baby that I was a little set back! In the end, I decided I could pull off a Dr. Seuss themed party which would be perfect for my friends personality while bringing some fun ideas for the baby shower.

I started with making my own invitations through  www.mystorieshaveahome.com and as the guests rsvp'd they kept telling me how much they loved them! I was very happy with how they came out!
 

I found some Dr. Seuss at a thrift store and used them to make some banners. Also I cut out circles and just laid them around on the tables. A Stuffed Horton and some circus peanuts made for a fun idea that the guests loved. I purchased some Dr. Suess stacking blocks that made a great way to add some height to the table.




The food was one of the most fun pieces! I decided on Green Eggs & Ham, Three Cheese Trees, Go Dogs, Hop on Pop Popcorn, and Pink Ink Yink Drink!





I had cupcakes made by http://jamiecakeslittlecakesoflove.wordpress.com/ and they were amazing! We had Dr. Suess hats and Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes. Again, all the guests were impressed!
I liked the idea of a little photo booth too so I picked up just a few things to make that fun! Before anyone left they took a picture with the mommmy-to-be!


This ended up being such a fun theme! And now that the party is over we are happy to announce that we are the proud new owners of one fish, two fish, red fish, and blue fish. And yes, those are the names we kept we them!

2 comments:

  1. I took pictures as well and didn't send them to you darn it! I still can if you want them! you did such a good job on this party and all the parties that you host! don't forget to post the Halloween ones! and the Bridal shower too!! so many! This is great! Good work Tara! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jamie! Yes, I need to get more on here! Thanks again! I appreciate it!

      Delete